East Herts Partnership
Art and Design (2X98)
PGCE with QTS full time with salary
- Accredited body
- University of Hertfordshire
- Financial support
PGCE with QTS
A postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) with qualified teacher status (QTS) allows you to
teach in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It’s also recognised internationally.
Many PGCE courses include credits that count toward a Master’s degree.
- Course length
- 1 year
- Date you can apply from
- 8 October 2019
- Date course starts
- September 2020
About the course
- Trainees will teach the Art and Design curriculum to ages 11-16
- Trainees will spend four days in their placement school and one day at the University of Hertfordshire
- Trainees will be assigned a subject mentor and professional mentor with the school
- Formal weekly observations will take place by the subject mentor and/or other staff
- Termly formal assessments will take place, set by the University
- Trainees will complete a 6 week second placement at a contrasting school
- 30 minute taught lesson
- Panel interview
- Comprehension task
How school placements work
- Applicants will need to state a preferred school within the East Herts Partnership and will be interviewed there
- If successful this will be the school they complete a majority of their training in
- Trainees will be paid on point 1 of the unqualified teachers' pay scales
- University fees and follow on costs are paid by the schools
Financial support isn’t available for this course because it comes with a salary.
If you choose a course without a salary, you may be eligible for financial support while you study, including bursaries, scholarships and loans.
- A minimum Grade C in GCSE English
- A minimum Grade C in GCSE Maths
- A minimum 2:2 degree that is linked to the subject you are applying for
- For the School Direct fee paying route it is beneficial to have had experience within a school setting. We are looking for applicants who have a genuine passion for teaching and possess the qualities needed to become a successful teacher.
About the training provider
Our schools are fantastic places to train, work and learn. They provide a unique school based learning opportunity in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire, which is our higher education partner. Our partnership’s vision is simple but powerful; we prepare our teachers and students to be respectful of others, to be confident in all that they do and to achieve their full potential.
Also, all partnership schools endeavour to create an environment in which staff, pupils and trainee teachers alike feel valued and supported. We have all worked with trainee teachers for many years and we fully recognise how much vibrancy, enthusiasm and drive they can offer our respective school communities.
Importantly, the partnership sees its staff as its most valuable resource and its schools have a proven track record in training and professional development. Our teachers are excellent practitioners with exemplary behaviour management skills and are eager to share their skills, knowledge and practice with the next generation of teachers.
Our Partnership Schools:
The partnership are all located in East Hertfordshire. Namely, Goffs Academy, Goffs-Churchgate Academy, Haileybury Turnford, Robert Barclay Academy (RBA), Goffs Oak Primary, Burleigh Primary and Hunsdon JMI Primary.
Where to Find Our Schools:
The schools in the partnership are strategically positioned a few miles from Junction 25 of the M25 and are all close to the A1. The nearest mainline railway stations are in Cheshunt and Broxbourne. Goffs Oak Primary is close to Cuffley station.
About the accredited body
The University of Hertfordshire is about 10 miles away from our partner schools, making travel there easy for our trainees. We have a long-standing relationship with the University and the visiting tutors.
Training with disabilities and other needs
Apply for this course
Choose a training location
You’ll also need to choose a training location – select the relevant location name on the application form.
Choose a training location - List of locations, vacancies and codes
Goffs Academy, Goffs Lane, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, EN7 5QW
Support and advice
For questions about this course you should contact the training provider using the contact details above.
Get support and advice about teaching
Register with Get into Teaching, the Department for Education’s free support and advice service, for personalised guidance from teaching experts. They can help you to prepare your application, book school experience, and access exclusive teaching events. You can also call them free of charge on 0800 389 2500, or speak to an adviser using their online chat service, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have feedback or have had a problem using Find postgraduate teacher training you can contact us by email.
Is there something wrong with this page?
If there is something wrong with this course listing, contact us by email.